Wedding videos are becomingly increasingly popular. With the increase of demand of course comes an increase in supply, and with this you naturally get a few wedding videographers who… well, don’t really know what they’re doing.
These top ten wedding videography tips should make you ask some questions about the things you may not normally think about, but which have a big affect on your final wedding film.
1. Do you get two videographers? Make sure you do. Having only one will seriously impact on the quality and creativity of your wedding video and it’s worth paying the extra.
2. Do they offer Blu-ray? DVDs are already being replaced and in 10 years time they’ll be redundant. Can the wedding videographers offer Blu-ray to future proof your wedding video, and how much extra does it cost?
3. What’s the audio quality like? Don’t just judge the quality of the wedding videographers on the music-dubbed showreel. Ask for a full sample wedding DVD to find out how good the audio for the ceremony and the speeches are.
4.Do you get to see a draft? Some wedding videographers allow you to see a first draft and make changes, some don’t. Ask if they do so you get the chance to add or remove things from the edit.
5. What do their past couples say? Read their testimonials. Remember – a testimonial will only be used if it’s good anyway, so look for ones that are extra special, not just “our wedding video was great”.
6. Do they hold any awards? Wedding videography awards should be unbiased unlike testimonials and give you a good reflection of the videographers. Check if it’s a national award and how many entrants there were.
7. What other film work do they do? Picking a wedding videography company that produces other film work is beneficial, as it’s likely their broader skills are kept sharper and their equipment is up-to-date and of broadcast quality.
8. Will they meet you before you book? It’s as important as with the photographer to meet with and make sure you get on with the wedding videographers. Make sure they’ll meet you first under no obligation.
9. Do you get to choose the music? Most wedding videographers will put music over your film at certain times, like the guests arriving. Make sure you’ll get this, and if so, that you can choose the songs used.
10. Will they film in a style that you like? Every wedding videographer will have their own style, so pick one that’s right for you and that you like. A good wedding videographer will also adapt their style to fit yours, whether it be how they film on the day, or how they edit it afterwards, so make sure their willing to listen and take on board your thoughts and preferences.
Ido Wedding Films are proud to tick all these boxes and more. We only ever film with two wedding videographers (and always Russell and Adam), offer Blu-ray wedding discs in full 1080p high definition for just £20 and always use four microphones at all times for superb audio clarity.
We also send all our couples a draft for feedback, pride ourselves on our exemplary testimonials and back these up with a national award for Wedding Videography of the Year as well as a Bristol Evening Post Business Award – a reflection of our company’s ethos and our first class customer service.
We’ve produced (and still produce) work for the likes of the IoD, Bath Council and XFM Radio, meet all our couples before their big day and let them suggest the music that means the most to them. Our style is also a league above our competitors and we always adhere to our clients’ preferences.
For more information, feel free to request our brochure, a sample DVD or just contact us for a chat.